Wednesday 11 January 2012

ourselves, v. 2000-12


Belated, this post is, indeed, but it is better late than never.

So another year ceases and a number is added up to the very known (and maybe never-changing) four-digit set we use in the most varied ways every single day.

It still feels like no time has passed since I last wrote my impressions of the preceding year and my hopes for the just-born one.
Time has been flying, it seems.

Oh Lord.

If eleven is the number of rebirth, I sure put on my best efforts to recreate myself.
As the pressure weighed much lighter, the nights were conquered, the sun shone brighter and I felt the pride of finding important pieces of myself amidst the mazy corridors of my always-cluttered undergrounds.

New connections, new forms of touch, new spots of love.
And a successful laboratory experiment on a revamped self.

Long skies have also been crossed.
My sins redeemed, my eyes shining bright before the flashing colours of a giant extravaganza.
Warmer lands, colder lands.
Hands that have been let go in all best terms, although never a proper word of apology has ever been said, for some words are better unspoken.

My emotions crashed. My fears bubbled up. And suddenly, I was lost in a vacuum of space and time.
I am so afraid.

And as the year was slowly deceasing, the sun was touching the warm waters of Northeast, to where I marched in an endeavour to clean off the dirty spots in my soul and renew my energies.

Dressed in all white, I welcomed the New Year and witnessed the Sun's first rising of January, praying for the best.

Now, what do I hope?
Changes, good changes.
For life is movement, and I am itching to sway to the next step.
For the cheers must continue, but I ought to get back in track from where I left off, not too long ago.
For the answers to my questions must be chased after.
For my selfishness must be superseded.

In spite all the glorious and glamorous moments of 2011, the brand new 2012 started in the middle of a dusty background of pure mess and confusion.
It is time, now, to unclutter the room and find out what lays ahead.

Random, it all is by now – actually, I believe that randomness is, indeed, an unchanging part of my existence.

All solutions are yet to be unveiled and the paths to be followed are yet to be discovered.
This, however, is purely daring and fires me up for the challenge.

I breathe in courage and all good hope, while I feel blessed and emboldened to move forward.

Time to write history.

Oh, dear reader, I wish you nothing but the best in 2012.

Cheers!
x

No comments: