Friday 9 May 2008

Don’t play those silly games

That's a song title I've come up with quite some years ago.
It's fun, I think. I'm really good at writing huge song titles lists. Just the title and a fuzzy idea of what it could be about. No lyrics at all.

The funniest, however, is when you face a situation where the song you've thought of fits in such a perfect way that some brilliant verses are spontaneously unveiled in your mind.
I'd call this creative process. Something I love doing when breathlessly walking through the city, getting me locked into the deepest corners of my mind, what is reflected on an involuntary serious and dark-moodish facial expression, what, finally, makes people normally see me as someone deeply compromised with arrogance and snobbery. Not the point, however.

Since last year I've been watching a dark cloud discreetly taking shape far in the horizon. Lost on my normal concerns and responsibilities, I've been amazed by the view of a huge storm falling down all around me.

If I had been feeling safe, this time no safety zone was granted to me.
I'd have to make a choice.
I'd have to turn my back either to the safety or to my principles.

Sorry, dear.
But this boy can't stand watching this unfair play.
I can't stand having the innocence evolved on these dark matters.
It's all in your mind.

"Have you seen what you've caused?"

Her accounts were not accurate. Her sight was not wide enough.
Arthemis will touch her sword in all those you could wish.
But she has got more arms and swords than she was able to see.
Not enough, however, to where she's willing to go


Don't blame the ones surrounding you
In every job they're inclined to make
Don't speak out screaming lie as truth
Don't cry stones
Don't break bones
My reality is a gem
Don't you ever try to fake
It's fancy-free
It's matter of dignity
Don't lose maturity
It's a crying shame
You scream, you hate, you blame
Shouldn't you shout bitter sweetness
Don't play those silly games
They don't show the adult you are
They won't bring us any grace
They cause a bruise in every heart
They turn to ice a mother's embrace
So don't you stand that image for fame
When you like being a silly child
When your armour is your pride
When you play those silly games


No, it's not brilliant, but it's fitting and sincere.

And having this screaming into my mind in such an important day...

That's when your real friends let their faces show.
And you finally get a shoulder you can cry on.

A cigarette, a sincere laugh, a sincere story, a sincere love for every face around me then.

The day ended gracefully, like a falling feather laying down silently in a calmness lake.

My heart is erupting.

No comments: