Sunday 20 April 2008

I’ve been to the city

Future chaser, ain't I? So I had to go there.

Not that I was ready enough, nor wanting it. I just had to go so I wouldn't have thrown more money into nothing.

The trip was weirdly smooth and quick. I confess I'd be waiting for dizzying aches and hours looking at the pale ceiling. Nothing of that happened. Great.

Then it appeared.

I hate that city, I really do.
But nothing (I mean, nothing) could ever compare to the feeling of approaching and entering it at high speed.
It all starts with billions of stars floating in the sky. But then, the stars seem to come from the horizon.
You start seeing stars on the ground far, really far ahead.
The beginning is slow, shy, discreet. Don't you be fooled – these are only the earliest moves of a monster's fatal attack.
It quickly turns into lights flashing and multiplying everywhere.
Before you can notice, there are lights beside you, there are lights behind you, there are lights in front of you.
They are more and more, so much you can't say what is city light and what is cosmic star.
That's when the city's swallowed you.
Welcome to POA.

Half past 4 a.m.
We had to have our breakfast.
Walking there is definitely not nice. Do you know what is like feeling completely in danger?
The nice thing was seeing an old friend. He didn't walk the same 'right and honoured' way I did, but now he's in a greater position than mine.
No, I'm not jealous, I'm actually happy to see he's found his way and is doing is greatly. And I'm equally amazed to discover that the most told story is that I had left the city since a number of years ago. LOL

Some time later, in front of the parliament house, a van would take us to our destinations.
That girl can rock. She's hungry for speed.
POA is nothing but a huge confusion that I clearly don't understand (nor want to), and she was not afraid to leave us upside down by exploring every corner of the city at nearly 80 Km/H (believe me, that's really fast).

Eventually on the right place, got to meet some new friends (one new friend, actually). Great to find several things in common!
And on the right room, just a nice girl I wish I'd gotten to know a bit better. I really really liked her.

When FINALLY doing my dirty work, nothing special came. Everything was so expected.
I wasn't prepared, what else would I expect? LOL

After that, rain, waiting and chatting. And a new van trip, accompanied with loads of uncertainty.
This one, I swear, would have killed me with only more 5 minutes.

I took my bus and went to the tourism part of the trip – the one I enjoyed the most, obviously.

A family gathering and I, alone, lost on that small universe.

Again, the brightest part of being where you're not known and will not ever be – you can be whatever you want.
It was great being able to look at where I wanted, to look like what I wanted and to look forward what I wanted.

Bigger cities do have their advantages.
Where else would I find such faces?
Sadly, everything was left on the might-have-been stage.

Meeting friends once again and having my nerd time.

Freedom time, consumer time, posh time, nerd time.
So much that it was time to go back home.
Goodbye big city. I still dislike you a lot.

Balance sheet? No hopes, and friends, really great friends, left behind.
Miss you, guys. You've made my Sunday great.

;]

No comments: