Thursday 6 March 2008

Turn back the time!

This week was supposed, I guess, to bring a varied range of news and surprises. And if I'm thinking right, it has definitely succeeded.

It has, however, apparently followed a single guideline – nothing is so bad that can't get worse.

Working systems were desperately twisted, and to compensate idle moments, new ideas were implemented.
My view changed immediately so much that I didn't find the old way that dizzying anymore...

Academic life, just to vary a little, has gone even more menacing. I spent the whole last year wishing to get rid of dreadfully boring moments, but now that I've gotten it, changes have made things even worse.
Just like on work, the past situation now echoes infinitely more comforting when it comes to mind.

Terrible coincidence, uh?

Talking about past... I have said Uruguaiana is a terribly small city, haven't I? Well, everyday I'm proved more and more wrong – things are even worse.

Back to some years ago, I had a 4-days-long crush on an eventual, although candidly gorgeous girl, at a certain place, on scheduled nights.
Glitter, lights, music, summer... Eyes to eyes, but nowhere else.
End... end?

Much deeper back in past, a unique party on my garden. A dance number, and my partner was having a small childish attraction on me, nevertheless I've just discovered this.

Now, 2008, points have come together. The close summer girl and the deep past dance partner are the same girl, sister of one of my best friends.

We'd normally say "what a small world". I say "What a tiny rather small city!".

And, also, can't we turn back the time?

No comments: