Friday 15 February 2008

Empty Valentine

Yesterday, Februrary 14th, was the worldwide Valentine's day.
Brazilians, however, proving we do it better (?), have chosen a completely different day to commemorate the love. That's not the point.

As Sophie has said, it's a mixed up world, so such a famous and important date does affect the ones of us who care about foreigner matters - including myself.

I woke up knowing I could spend the whole day lamenting about recent defeats on the sentimental field... But since that would be an awful waste of time and sure enough would only bring me some wrinkles, I've decided to simply throw any possible sorrow away, and to normally live my day.

Well, that's how I've been living the last 19 years - mostly ignoring any more intense feeling, and dedicating my life to myself.

Sometimes I'm so disconnected of the lovers world that I really wonder if I died or if I've overgrown love.
None of them, actually... It's just life spent to myself, as said above.
I no longer bother on being alone. This is not something I want yesterday, this is not something I'm actively looking for. Love comes, doesn't it? If I'm meant to find a soulmate, then someday I shall.
I just shan't be crying over it taking longer than it should... This life is mine and I oughtta make it funny and worth the chance.

No comments: