Saturday 16 February 2008

Remembrances

February 16th, 2008.
Eleven years have passed so fast.

More than a decade ago, I was an 8 years old boy whose a unique part of life had just been taken from. Maturing had to come sooner than desired.
As time has passed, memories have naturally erased away. All I can remember now is a mini chaos, which, from the point-of-view of a young child, is a devastating storm.
A sea of tears taking shape in front of me, and I, unsure whether I had actually understood the amplitude of the event or not, watching that pandemonium, already cold enough to keep my eyes dry.

That night will always remain in my mind as a dreadful nightmare I've slowly woken up from.

Today, that February 16th is still reflecting on my life, affecting many fields of my (and my mother's) concerns.
Can't wait to finally be able to bury it deep in the past, though it does seem to take much longer than the long time desired.

Meanwhile, I'll keep on with my life and my aims, remembering the day, trying, however, not to honour too much, since, as mentioned, this is something I'm aching to see as dead past.

Past, past, past, how fool of me!
It's a blood matter. Such issues can't be simply forgotten. It's on my veins.

Oh, father. I must confess... I love you.
Hope you're looking at me, sending me blesses, wherever you are.

No comments: