Wednesday 16 January 2008

Trip Diaries – Balance sheet

Written Tuesday, January 15th 2007.


Altough I'm still really sick after the yesterday travel back home, I feel like it's just time that I analyzed my whole trip, finishing my trip diaries.

Travelling to Curitiba/BC was simply an attempt to make me feel lighter, free from the everyday pressure of Uruguaiana.

It was AMAZING getting to know the metropolis much deeper, and though not every wish of mine has come true, I feel like having fulfilled my aims.

The cheeto's were ABSURDLY WONDERFUL. They made me feel completely home, and I simply can't thank them enough for everything. I feel like having an enormous debit with them, and I promise I will pay.

BC was a bit different. I didn't feel actually comfortable there, although Tê and Ciro apparently didn't seem to care about me at all – I mean, they seemed to like me there, and didn't seem annoyed by me presence, and that was fantastic. They've been amazing too, and I also can't thank them enough.

These two weeks away home have been full of discoveries and new information. The unknown big cities allowed me to simply chill out and be myself. No shame, no worries.

An entire world opened up right in front of me, and I'm eager to explore every single drop of it.

Going back to Uruguaiana only turned out to be nice after the disastrous bus travel. Being here aside my mother's pessimism ain't just what I've spent my life dreaming of, but it's something, as far as I'm concerned, that I ought to go through for growing and maturing, before I'm actually ready to leave and explore a bigger (and way more exciting) world.

I'm strongly missing Curitiba. But I shall be back. This is my life aim.

Yes, I do feel like having fulfilled my aims. I'm really feeling lighter, happier. I'm not feeling as bad as I was feeling when I embarked on the Cheeto's car all the way to CWB.

I feel nice, I feel relieved, I feel healed.

I guess I'm different now. Ready to live 2008.

No comments: